How to Build a Blog or Basic Website: For Newbies, Non-techies and Budget Conscious Professionals
This program is specifically designed for business owners and professionals who want a simple, straightforward website and/or blog to help you promote your company or cause. Using layman’s terms, we address the basics of how to launch your site within days. There is no need to spend a lot of money or learn how to code to have a professional looking site. Delivered with a humorous approach, participants will soon be able to tame the “techie tiger.”
By the end of this program, participants will have learned how to:
- Build a blog or basic website
- Select the purpose and focus of your site
- Purchase a domain name that’s search engine friendly and easy to remember
- Choose a user-friendly website host and an affordable level of service
- Map out your site pages, images and content
- Launch your blog with search engine friendly page names and post titles
- Promote your posts with social media, e-newsletters, free guides and interviews
- Avoid stock photos and embed keyword rich “alt descriptions”
- Add categories, tags and pages that maximize your reach
- Use tools to keep your site as safe as possible
- Focus on relevant descriptions to attract traffic
- And much, much more!
Program Length: 90 minutes to 2 hours
Longer option: 3+ hour workshop format
Laura (Benjamin) Lollar has been teaching others how to build a blog or basic website for over 15 years. She has coached private individuals and spoken at conferences, conventions, trade shows and for Small Business Development Centers. She provides comprehensive, user-friendly tips, tools and strategies.
Contact Laura to discuss bringing this class to your upcoming event.