Looking for Colorado Springs social media training?
I’m Laura Benjamin Lollar, an experienced trainer and facilitator based in Colorado Springs, Colorado. For over 15 years I’ve trained people who wanted to learn how to better navigate Twitter, Facebook and Linkedin. I’ve also coached individuals in our beautiful Black Forest, just 15 minutes north of Colorado Springs.
By the end of our session, clients will have learned how to:
- open an account on these social media platforms
- create an online persona that is congruent, personable and focused
- choose a title to maximize search results
- determine how often you should post
- maximize search engine optimization strategies to attract an audience
- establish subject matter expertise
- expand your network
- identify keywords, topics, headlines
- be found online
- conduct free market research
- choose appropriate images
- increase engagement and expand your “reach”
- launch a Group or Business Page on Facebook
- set up a personal profile and/or a business page on Linkedin
- overcome social media assumptions, fears and frustrations
- create a content calendar
To discuss bringing Laura Lollar to your next training, convention, staff development or class, please contact me.
What an interesting session! I thought it was well-tailored to our audience. In fact, one of the thoughts I had was there probably are quite a few people in learning and development who would find this to be the right kind of material at the right time.
The most useful things I learned today were:
- That you can maximize the YouTube description by including the site URL and call to action in it
- That you get more traction using Linkedin updates versus Pulse
- That Facebook business page updates don’t go to personal page followers and vice versa
General observations: Laura Benjamin Lollar moved early to the web and has done substantial work to understand how various social media channels can be used to communicate marketing, training and public service messages. She is a skilled presenter who has the knack of breaking down what could be an overwhelming topic and explaining what her audience needs to know in clear, compelling language.
— Kitty Wooley, VP Programs, Pikes Peak Chapter, Association for Talent Development (ATD)